Recent Posts

Monday, June 29, 2015

Orange Is the New Black, Season 3 in Books

Season 3 of Orange is the New Black has officially been binge-watched and I think I noticed more books in this season than the previous two.

It's a shame BooksOfOITNB.tumblr.comhttp://booksofoitnb.tumblr.com/
didn't post for Season 3 but no fear because duh, Buzzfeed exists to fill all of our internet voids.

Episode 1 started off with a Harry Potter reference, which was wonderful. I knew I was going to be on board with Season 3 the second I heard the name "Cedric Diggory".

And this scene, with Big Boo and Pennsatucky was so, so good. And not just for the Freaknomics breakdown:


I'm going to pretend no books were burned in this season and just leave it at that. Because it was just too heartbreaking.

And the whole dynamic that took over when Suzanne started writing her own book was pretty interesting to watch unfold. I love how literary this show is.

You can see the rest of the list of books referenced in Season 3 of OITNB over on Buzzfeed.

And here's a bit on the books referenced in Seasons 1 & 2

+

Update: I'm still reading Moby Dick

Update 2: I'm moving this week for the last time in a long time

Unfortunately related post: Fahrenheit 451

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis