Recent Posts

Monday, February 08, 2010

To Be Shelved- a book blog

 
Reading Chuck Palahniuk's Diary this fall.


I am Alaina Buzas and this my book blog.

I originally created this blog as part of the required work for my Online Journalism course at BGSU, where I am a Journalism major, but it has been something I've wanted to do for a while. 

To Be Shelved alludes to the mess that is my home. My roommate and I have run out of space on our bookshelves and have resorted to simply stacking books all around the living room; we live in a space surrounded by books ready to be shelved. 

Unfortunately, these stacks and shelves hinder one aspect I love most about the books I have collected in my personal library—their covers. Yes, I admit it... I judge books by their covers. I have come to admire and appreciate the art of the book cover and the power it holds. To Be Shelved will focus mainly on this fascination.

Please feel free to subscribe to my RSS feed and tell your friends about To Be Shelved. 

Happy reading! 

Alaina

2 comments:

Alex said...

I'm in you class, as you know (my blog is about comics, not sure if you care, but: graphicbehavior.blogspot.com)

This is the only blog I've ever seen about book cover design. Therefore, check out this link;

http://io9.com/5474982/gorgeous-new-covers-for-jules-vernes-classics

As you can probably tell, it's covers for Jules Verne classics. They're awesome, but make sure you watch the video for the full effect (they're interactive). Hope you enjoy!

Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

Your blog is the bomb, love! Pure awesomeness!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis